- Top 10 Rated safety first gate in 2022 Comparison Table
- Our Best Choice: Retract-A-Gate 72″ Black by Smart Retract: Retractable Baby, Dog, & Cat Gate
Top 10 Rated safety first gate in 2022 Comparison Table
- Inherits the most important features from the PlayStation 2 version: Character enhancement, different fighting styles, many different weapons, equipment and magic spells.
- Character enhancement visible in-game: Armor, weapons, shields, gloves, helmets, and boots.
- Real 3D isometric environments and 3D rendered characters and monsters.
- New set of maps inspired by the PlayStation 2 version.
- Impressive lightning effects and magic spells.
- EXTRA WIDE: Expands to fit openings between 29-34 and 35-38.5 inches wide. Stands 30 inches tall. Please be sure measure your opening prior to purchase to ensure proper fit. Note: This gate will not fit an opening between 34-35 inch.
- EASY TO USE AND SET UP: Pressure mount design that is quick to set up. Please note, before installation there will be a gap between the gate latch and the frame which is not a defect and it is not bent. This gap will be eliminated once installed.
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes a 6-inch wide extension kit and 4 pressure mount spindle rods. Perfect for doorway, hallway and bottom of stair use. Gate can quickly be removed out of the opening for easy storage. Additional extensions sold separately.Wipes clean.Do not use abrasive cleaners or bleach
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door. Certified to both JPMA and ASTM standards. NOTE:The gap between the gate and wall should not exceed more than 2.5 inches
- SAFETY: Includes multiple safety-lock features, four wall cups for added security and mounting hardware. Please note, gate frame is design to be assembled at all times. Perfect for children 6-24 months. Great for pets too.
- SUPERWIDE: Fits opens up to 192 inches wide and stands 28 inches tall
- 2-IN-1: Can convert from a super-wide gate to an 8-panel play yard. No tools require, quick and easy. Includes 4 pack of wall mounts
- CONFIGURABLE: Each panel can be adjusted to fit almost any opening. Great for wide spaces, angled openings, hallway, doorway, bottom of stairs or barrier. Folds flat for storage.Wipes clean
- DURABLE AND CONVENIENT: The all steel design is durable and convenient with a walk-through door
- SAFETY: Designed with a walk-through door with safety locking feature. Wall mounted for added security and protection. Meets all current safety standards. For children up to 24 months and great for pets too
- IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 4K/60FPS VIDEO: The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- BRAND-NEW S MODE: Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES: An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
- Indoor, Outdoor Versatility: Exclusive reversible legs have outdoor stakes for lawn stability and anti-movement, non-scratch floor pads for any interior floor surfaces
- Spacious: Over 18.5 square feet and 28” tall provides a safe space for the child to play
- Easy and Quick Assembly: No tools required
- Unique Hinge Design: Each panel can be a door access
- Usage information: For use with children 6 to 24 months. Important: Never use with a child that is able to climb over, dislodge, or open the enclosure. Carefully read all instructions and warnings on the product, product labels, and instruction manuals before use.Installation Method: Hinge Connectors Locations for Use: Indoor and Outdoor enclosure. This enclosure should not be used as a Barrier
- [ 20 LOCKS + 2 KEYS ] Baby Child Safety Magnetic Cabinet Locks Work Both for Drawers and all Cabinets. Improved Locks Extra Stronger Magnetic enough to keep a house cat or toddles out.Child Proofing Locks with Magnet key control. 3M Adhesive for Cabinets & Drawers - No Tools, No drill, No holes
- [ WORKS FOR ALL CABINETS AND DRAWERS ] Extra Stronger Locks work on Max 2 inches cabinets door and work on all cabinets and drawers door for Childproof. Use them in the kitchen, bathroom, pantry room, storage area, and bedroom. They"ll even work for a 30 lbs determined dog who gets into the cabinets!
- [ INVISIBLE FROM OUTSIDE ] Upgraded Locks install inside cabinets or drawers, completely concealed from children and guests, making your home more appealing, while also providing ideal child protection
- [ KEEP YOUR BABY SAFE ] The magnetic baby safety lock is to keep your curious little kids away from drawers and cupboards filled with dangerous tools or chemicals with simple, allowing you to have peace of mind while your children explore your home. Easy to install. Peel and stick.
- Large capacity key lock box enables secure storage of up to five standard (2 inch) house keys; Shackle fits most ball, biscuit, and tulip door knob styles
- Set your own four-digit combination lock box; Reset the combination for thousands of personalized combination code options
- For indoor and outdoor use; Key safe is constructed with a metal body for durability, vinyl coated shackle to prevent scratching, and shutter door to protect combination dials from weather
- Exterior dimensions: 4 inch (10.2 centimeter) H x 3-1/4 inch (8.3 centimeter) W x 1-3/4 inch (4.4 centimeter) D; 13/32 inch (10 millimeter) diameter shackle with 1-13/32 inch (36 millimeter) L, 1-7/8 inch (48 millimeter) W Internal Dimensions: 3-1/2in (89mm) H x 2-3/4in (70mm) W x 1in (25mm) D
- Capacity for 5 standard (2 inch) house keys; Interior dimensions are shaped like an "L" with top section measuring 0.3 inch x 1.56 inch x 2.95 inch; bottom section measures 0.95 inch x 1.51 inch x 3.21 inch
- 12 LOCKS and 2 KEYS:Vmaisi Baby Proofing Adhesive Magnetic Cabinet Locks, Child Safety for Drawers and Cabinets
- WORKS FOR MOST CABINETS AND DRAWERS: Baby proofing magnetic cabinet locks work on cabinets and drawers door for childproof. Use them in the kitchen, bathroom, pantry room, storage area, and bedroom
- INVISIBLE FROM OUTSIDE: Cabinet Locks install inside cabinets or drawers, concealed from children and guests, making your home more appealing, while cabinet locks child safety also providing ideal child protection
- KEEP YOUR BABY SAFE: The magnetic baby safety lock is to keep your curious little kids away from drawers and cupboards filled with dangerous tools with simple, Baby safety cabinet locks allowing you to have peace of mind while your children explore your home
- MAGNETIC LOCKING SYSTEM: Baby Safety Magnetic cabinet locks install on the inside of your cabinet or drawer. The fixings are secured with tape to keep your locks in place. Magnetic keys are provided to disengage the locks. Should you misplace the keys, any strong magnet can be used to disengage the lock
Our Best Choice: Retract-A-Gate 72″ Black by Smart Retract: Retractable Baby, Dog, & Cat Gate
What is Retract-A-Gate?
Stylish and compact, Retract-A-Gate is a 100% USA-made safety gate that automatically winds up into a small roll when you don’t need it.
Whenever you need to block an area, you can easily unroll the gate from the reel by using one-hand to pull the handle then guiding the mesh across your stairs, door, or patio and into the opposite pair of brackets. After you lock the gate with the childproof lock, you’re done! It’s that easy.
Two low-profile pairs of brackets, which the baby gate hooks into, are attached to both sides of the opening.
The reel side of the gate snaps into one pair of brackets.
The handle side hooks into the opposite pair of brackets.
The lock is a simple push-and-turn mechanism; easy for adults to use, but safe for small children.
Retract-A-Gate is 100% USA-Made
When looking for a gate to protect your little ones, the first priority is safety. When you choose Retract-A-Gate, you get a gate that has been thoroughly tested and proven to do its job. Retract-A-Gate is evaluated yearly at our facility in Dubuque, Iowa for compliance with the American Safety Gates and Enclosures standards, ASTM F1004. As of 2022, Retract-A-Gate is in compliance with ASTM F1004.
5 Steps to Install Your Retract-A-Gate
Step 1: Mount the bottom brackets at 3-4” off the floor. Mount the top brackets 30.5” off the floor. Since the bottom bracket is on a baseboard, wall spacers (purchased separately) are used behind the upper bracket so both brackets are the same distance from the wall.
Step 2: Snap the Retract-A-Gate into the mounted brackets. You’ll hear a small click when it’s secure.
Step 3: Easily pull out the retractable mesh using the handle, which causes the mesh to unravel.
Step 4: Guide the mesh to the opposite set of brackets, then hook the mesh into the brackets. The total width of the gate assumes that the brackets are pointing inwards.
Step 5: Use the childproof lock to secure the mesh. You’re done!
In 2022, the JPMA certified Retract-A-Gate for use at the top and bottom of your staircase. When mounting the gate at the top of your stairs, ensure that the gate is at least 6 inches back from the top of the staircase. If the gate is mounted directly at the top step, a gap can form that a baby or pet could fit through.
Retract-A-Gate is usable inside and outside. During extreme temperatures, taking the gate inside will help prolong its lifespan. It’s like leaving a car outside during a freezing winter. The car will still run, but the engine may require additional attention in the future.
All exposed metal on the gate will not rust, and the mounting hardware is treated to resist rust. For beach or near-saltwater use, use stainless steel mounting hardware and limit outdoor use by bringing the gate inside.
If you’re bringing Retract-A-Gate back inside, it is easily cleanable with only soap and water. Rubbing alcohol can also be applied. Let your gate dry thoroughly before using it again.
As of 2022, Retract-A-Gate is certified annually by the JPMA to ensure it complies with North American safety gate standards for children 6-24 months. The mesh fabric is a non-toxic reinforced polymer composite. It does NOT contain any material defined as hazardous by the Consumer Products Safety Commission.
Retract-A-Gate’s mesh remains flexible so it can rewind into the reel. However, the mesh is taut enough to prevent a child from squeezing under when installed correctly. Here are some tips:
1. Ensure that the gate is locked when in use. Push, then turn the childproof lock to secure the gate. Locking the gate prevents further extension of the mesh.
2. The base of the reel should be in contact with the floor. There should be no more than ¼” gap between the bottom of the mesh and the floor.
3. Add additional tension to the mesh by turning the roll 1/8 of a turn, then locking the gate.
Retract-A-Gate’s mesh is made from a durable reinforced polymer composite. The mesh was engineered to be scratch resistant and is certified for up to 200 lbs. of push out force. It’s also non-toxic, so there’s no need to worry about exposing your furry friend to harmful chemicals.
Retract-A-Gate’s mesh is scratch-resistant; however, it was not designed for use with dogs with behavioral issues. If your dog is prone to excessive biting or chewing, we recommend you purchase a solid steel dog gate. As tough as our mesh is, it can still be bitten through by an aggressive dog.
If there is excess slack in the mesh, the distance between your upper and lower brackets may be off. Measure the horizontal distance between each bracket pair. Is this distance identical? If not, adjust accordingly.
Retract-A-Gate’s mesh is scratch-resistant, non-toxic, and perfect for your feline friend. It was designed to prevent a cat from squirming under the mesh. If your cat is getting under the gate, review the following:
1. Keep the gate is locked when it is in use. The base of the reel should be in contact with the floor. There should be no more than ¼” gap between the bottom of the mesh and the floor.
2. Is there excess slack in the mesh? The distance between your upper and lower brackets may be off. Measure the horizontal distance between each bracket pair. Is this distance identical? If not, adjust accordingly.
Retract-A-Gate was designed to be difficult for a cat to climb or jump over. The mesh will tip backwards slightly when a cat climbs up it, causing the cat to lose its balance. At 34” tall, Retract-A-Gate is one of the tallest gates available. However, if your cat loves to jump and regularly clears a three-foot vertical, you will need a taller cat gate.
Will Retract-A-Gate cover my opening? How tall is the mesh?
Retract-A-Gate assumes that your brackets are pointing inwards.
When measuring your opening to see if Retract-A-Gate will work, Retract-A-Gate will cover anything up to a 52 or 72 inch opening. The total distance covered does include the brackets, so for maximum coverage, the brackets need to be pointing inwards. If you’re making up less than 2 inches of space, placing wall spacers under the brackets can help you make up the extra distance. For example, if your opening is 74″, placing an inch of spacers under each bracket will allow the gate to cover the full opening, assuming that the brackets are pointing inwards.
You can mount the brackets around the corner of an opening. Retract-A-Gate is designed to work at a variety of angles, but mounting the brackets around the corner of an opening does increase the opening distance.
The mesh measures 34″ vertically. The reel (on the right side in the above picture) is 38″ tall, and it can be placed on either the right or left side of the opening.
Universal Mounting Bracket Kit (included)
Each Retract-A-Gate comes with a Universal Mounting Bracket Kit. Each kit contains the following items: 4 hardware-mounted universal mounting brackets, 8 2-inch long screws, 8 finishing washers, and an installation guide (not pictured).
Additional Universal Mounting Bracket Kits are available for purchase. Purchasing additional brackets allows you to easily move your Retract-A-Gate between two locations.
Wall Spacer Set (not included)
Wall Spacers are used to make your installation vertically plumb. When installing the bottom bracket on your baseboard, place a number of wall spacers equal to the thickness of the baseboard under the upper bracket.
Each set includes 10 wall spacers. Each spacer is 1/8 inch thick.
Stair Banister Adapter Kit (not included)
The Stair Banister Adapter Kit is used when you want to mount your gate to a banister or spindle, but don’t wish to drill holes into it. It can also be used with wrought iron railings.
Each Stair Banister Adapter Kit includes 1 weatherproof adapter, 4 32-inch mounting straps, and all the screws, nuts, and finishing washers necessary for installation. The brackets that came with your gate are mounted onto the adapter.
1 Stair Banister Adapter Kit is required per spindle or banister.
Drywall Anchor Kit (not included)
Though we recommended mounting Retract-A-Gate on a solid wood stud, sometimes that isn’t feasible. Our drywall anchors allow you to mount the gate on drywall and are designed for use on 3/8 to 5/8 drywall.
When possible, mounting a gate on a double stud is best and would not require drywall anchors. If a single stud is available, one side of the bracket should mount on the wooden stud. The other side will use a drywall anchor.
Each kit contains 2 steel drywall anchors, 2 screws, and 2 finishing washers.
Retract-A-Gate is certified for up to 200 pounds of push out force and for top and bottom stair use by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA). Wherever Retract-A-Gate is installed, it will keep your little ones safe.
Retract-A-Gate has smooth, one-handed operation and is quiet when opening and closing. The gate extends out to 72” and the durable mesh is 34” tall. The mesh fabric is easily locked in place with Retract-A-Gate’s childproof lock. Retract-A-Gate is composed of environmentally friendly and safe materials—no toxic materials are ever used in the gate or the manufacturing process.
Retract-A-Gate is certified for both indoor and outdoor use. It has been extensively tested in wet, rainy seasons and hot, dry summers. To top it all off, Retract-A-Gate has undergone exposure testing during a full northern winter with flawless results.
Retract-A-Gate’s scratch-resistant mesh is easily cleanable. When you have kids and/or pets, spills, furballs, greasy fingers, and so much more become a part of your daily life. Retract-A-Gate can be cleaned with mild soap and water. Rubbing alcohol can be used for especially stubborn stains.