Cleaning a pool is crucial for the overall comfort and health of swimmers. Whether you have a personal pool at home or in business, pool cleaning should be given the importance it deserves.
If not, you will have to deal with a green pool covered with algae and gunk. This one will be extremely difficult to clean up. Besides, no one wants to swim in an unclean pool.
That is why investing in a good pool cleaner is key if professional pool cleaners are expensive. If you are currently shopping, here is a review of Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner for your consideration.
About The Manufacturer
Polaris is a well known company when it comes to quality productions.
The company has some of the best and most innovative pool maintenance and cleaning equipment on the market. It also produces an array of pool vacuums, which include pressure-side cleaners and robotic cleaners for different types of users.
The best you will get today are the pressure pool cleaners, which are well designed for in-ground pools that are exposed to large pieces of garbage from landscaping around them. The Vac-Sweep 280 is one of the company’s powerful and easy to use cleaners that bests suits a modern day user.
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner Review
Features and benefits
To start with, this is a pressure-side pool cleaner. It pushes water from the cleaner with a lot of pressure, forcing it along the pool floor and occasionally up the pool walls. The venturi vacuum that is created by the pressurized water is what cleans the pool. Any debris or dirt in the pool is trapped on the dirt bag, net or screen. The cleaner is able to pick leaves and sticks and anything else that might be in the pool. The cleaner has a tail too, that is useful for scrubbing the floor of the pool.
This pool cleaner is very powerful and is designed for all types of in-ground pools. It connects easily and quickly to a dedicated pressure line, which is what powers it. It can work for all in-ground pool surfaces including vinyl and fiberglass.
It also features an iconic three-wheel base that makes cleaning the floor, walls and the stairs very easy. Scrubbing the bottom and walls of any size or shape of swimming pool with this powerful cleaner is very easy. The fact that it is light in weight is an added benefit as this is what makes the cleaning easy.
The cleaner has dual jets that shoot dirt and any debris collected from the pool up into the cleaner’s large filter bag.
With it, you can thoroughly clean most pools within three hours. The design of the pool cleaner leaves no doubt that it will deliver a thorough job at one go. Use the rear sweep tail accessory to clean additional debris from the corners and other crevices.
In its package, you will get a 31-foot hose, which is exactly what is needed for most pools.
- This is a pool cleaner that can guarantee extreme excellence. In less than 3 hours, you will have cleaned and scrubbed your pool’s floor and walls and all the corners and crevices, leaving you to enjoy perfectly cleaned swimming pool.
- It has a powerful debris intake. There is a large opening for the bigger debris such as acorns, leaves and pebbles. There is also a dual venturi jet vacuum that allows for a powerful intake. It is hard to miss anything in the pool during cleaning time.
- The cleaner has a very large capacity filter bag that will collect all the debris before it goes to the pump basket. The filter is there to reduce filter cleaning, in order to prolong the life of your pool’s filtration system.
- You can enjoy uninterrupted cleaning time with this cleaner. It has an in-line back-up valve that automatically frees the cleaner if it gets cornered so as to keep it cleaning without any interruption.
- It will work very well with a booster pump. This is what will give it optimal pressure to clean and pick up even the largest debris and at the same time circulating clean and warm water in all the areas of the pool.
- There are several things needed after its purchase, for instance a rear sweep tail. These will help it function even better.
Choosing The Best Automatic Pool Cleaner
Automatic pool cleaners are designed in such a way that they can quickly and easily clean your pool. They do the heavy lifting to maintain your pool in the perfect condition. An automatic pool cleaner is able to suck any debris and even scrub the walls and in some cases help filter the water.
In choosing the right pool cleaner, a few factors can be put into consideration:
The cost: this is possibly the most important consideration for many buyers. A lot of people will not be willing to pay so much money for a pool cleaner. Fortunately, different models are priced differently, depending on how they operate, how they are powered and how much they can do.
The amount of money you will spend on it will be determined by the type of automatic pool cleaner you are buying. The three types include suction side pool cleaners, pressure side pool cleaners and robotic pool cleaners.
Care and maintenance for your pool cleaner: it is important to consider how much maintenance and care the pool will require to keep it functioning for a long time.
Your pool-type: there are basically two types of swimming pools; the above ground and the in-ground pool. Pressure-side pool cleaners are good for the in-ground pools.
If you are looking for a light in weight, versatile and very powerful pool cleaner, the Polaris vac-sweep 280 pressure side-pool cleaner is a great choice. The pool cleaner is absolutely easy to handle. It works very well to guarantee a thoroughly cleaned pool within three hours.