Life Every morning routine involves taking a shower, but doing so in the early hours of the morning while getting ready for work or school is a huge task on its own. Particularly, in the cold winter months! A cold bathroom is a curse no one should ever have to go through.
Usually, the central heating system of your house should be able to fix this problem, but it surely comes at a big cost.
So what to do? Get yourself a bathroom heater!
This article lists the best bathroom heaters available in the market today. Continue reading to find the one that fits your needs and budget the best as well as to get yourself familiar with the features that you must look for when making a purchase.
On a side note, in case you’re also looking for a water heater, check out this post for the best tankless water heaters or this for only electric heater options.
- Top 9 Best Bathroom Heater In 2023 Reviews
- 1 Stiebel Eltron 074058
- 2 Broan 174 Wall Heater
- 3 Lasko CD08200 Bathroom Heater
- 4 Panasonic FV-11VH2 Whisper Warm 110 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan/Heat Combination
- 5 Broan Model 157 Low-Profile Solid Wire Element Ceiling Heater
- 6 High Quality Bathroom Wall Heater
- 7 Broan Exhaust Fan, Heater, and Light Combo, Bathroom Ceiling Heater
- 8 Delta Electronics RAD80L BreezRadiance 80 CFM Heater/Fan/Light Combo
- 9 King Electric W-1215 W Series Wall heater
- Best Bathroom Heater Buying Guide
Top 9 Best Bathroom Heater In 2023 Reviews
|Feature||Material||Item Weight||Wattage||Built-in Thermostat||Noise|
Stiebel Eltron 074058
Broan 174 Wall Heater
Lasko CD08200 Bathroom Heater
High Quality Bathroom Wall Heater
1 Stiebel Eltron 074058
The Stiebel Eltron heater is a small yet powerful heater that can surely be the sole heat source in a small room. In fact, it can also work as a supplement heater in rooms that remain chilly even with a central heating source.
This fairly small heater carries wattage of about 1500 watts and features surface-mount design along with easy installation. The heater also has an even heating down daft design that enables it to take in cold air from the top of the room and release out warmer air to the bottom. This feature allows the even dispersion of heat throughout the room to maximize comfort.
In addition, the heater also has a built-in thermostat to allow the user to set the heating settings as they like as well as an On/Off switch to completely shut it off when not in use, making the device very user-friendly.
This heater is also equipped with a booster timer. The main purpose of this feature is to output heat at the maximum for the first 60 minutes before reverting back to the thermostat setting. As a result, this makes sure that the user doesn’t have to wait long for the bathroom to warm up.
Despite being a small device, it has a quality built that causes minimum noise and ensures zero disturbance.
- Has a surface-mount design that can easily be installed anywhere.
- The heater distributes heat evenly throughout the room with its down-daft design.
- A built-in thermostat is also available for easy heat adjustment.
- Quality construction of the heater
- Causes little to no noise to enhance the user experience
- The heater is not equipped with a fan-only setting when heating is not required.
2 Broan 174 Wall Heater
This is another one of the best bathroom heaters for heating up small spaces such as bathrooms. With its versatility, the Broan 174 heater is able to easily convert 750 W at 120V and 1500 W at 240V.
It has a high-quality built that ensures it’s durability. It also has a downflow louver grill that evenly disperses heat around the room, to prevent any chilly corners.
This is also a quite efficient option as it carries a 100% alloy, zig-zag heating element that provides rapid warmth in a short amount of time along. A permanently lubricated motor guarantees safety for use.
Moreover, the thermostat is front-mounted as well as color-coordinated to allow easy adjusting of the desired temperature by the user. The user can recess or surface-mount this heater according to their preference.
- Versatile since it is able to function at two different wattages, i.e., 750 W and 1500W.
- Strong, durable built that guarantees high quality.
- It is equipped with a grill that has a downflow louver to direct the warm air evenly through the room.
- Also has an alloy heating element that heats up in a short amount of time and makes the room warm, saving energy and lowering costs.
- The heater also has a built-in thermostat for easy adjusting of heat settings as desired by the user.
- The heater causes a noticeable amount of noise, thus causing much disruption.
- The thermostat clicks off shut by itself way too soon even when set on the highest setting, thus leaving the area colder again.
3 Lasko CD08200 Bathroom Heater
The Lasko heater is a small yet efficient pick when it comes to finding a suitable heater to warm up your cold bathroom floor. It is a small, compact heater that can be easily be carried around, to the bathroom or to your room. In other words, you can take it anywhere you go.
Not only this, but it also has an attractive, classic design that helps it to blend in with your home/bathroom décor quite well.
This heater provides maximum heat at 1500 W and heats up small spaces such as 225 square feet rapidly, in a very small amount of time. It features safety for the user by making use of automatic overheat protection, which means it shuts off automatically when it gets too hot. This, as well as the exterior of the heater, remains fairly cool to the touch even when turned on.
This is a simple heater that carries two heat settings, i.e., high and low along with the “Simple Heat 1-hour timer.” This blasts off high heat for one hour, completely eliminating the cold out of your bathroom. This feature can easily be activated with a light tap.
- Small and light, making it portable.
- Classic strong built that looks attractive as well.
- The heater has a wattage of about 1500 W, thus enabling it to heat up small rooms in no time.
- Also ensures user-safety with its automatic overheat protection feature as well as maintaining a cool exterior to prevent burns.
- The simple heat feature provides maximum heat output for one hour.
- Carries only two heating settings and not a built-in, adjustable thermostat for variable temperature. Therefore, it limits options for users.
- The heater makes considerable amounts of noise, causing disturbances.
- No automatic shut off system for a high heat setting, which means it could be dangerous in case it overheats.
4 Panasonic FV-11VH2 Whisper Warm 110 CFM Ceiling Mounted Fan/Heat Combination
This heater by Panasonic is a multipurpose device that does multiple jobs. It serves as a heater in those cold winter days and as a fan as well when it is not too cold, and all you need is some ventilation. It is a small device that could easily be used in bathrooms or anywhere else.
In addition, it also has a high-tech heating system that carries a 1400 W stainless steel, tubular heating element. The heating element itself is extremely durable as it is made up of Nichrome with magnesium oxide. The combination of the two also ensures optimal heat transfer to the room as well as provides electrical insulation at high, elevated temperatures.
To further enhance safety, the fan/heater includes thermal fuse protection on the motor. There’s also a 3-level safety device for the machine itself.
This Panasonic Ceiling Mounted Fan/Heater Combination is also an efficient choice as it uses less energy than other devices. It consists of a blower wheel that is able to take in air from both sides and quickly warm up the space in less than 1 minute. Similarly, the fan also runs cooler to last longer.
The entire device is of great quality and guarantees warm, quiet, trouble-free use for many years. This is particularly because of its high-quality components and permanently lubricated motors.
- This is a multipurpose device that can work both as a heater and a fan.
- Carries wattage of about 1400 W with its powerful heating element that rapidly heats up a small room in 1 minute.
- Nichrome and magnesium oxide heating element ensures insulation as well as equal distribution of heat in the room.
- This is an efficient heater that loses less energy to provide the same result as heaters from other brands.
- It is safe to use with its electrical insulation, thermal fuse protection as well as a 3-level safety feature.
- Fairly quiet and does not cause too much noise or disruption.
- The device is found to be quite difficult to install and requires significant levels of skill for installation.
- Does not have controls to switch from fan to heater and they need to be purchased separately.
5 Broan Model 157 Low-Profile Solid Wire Element Ceiling Heater
This is a fan-forced ceiling heater that disperses heat throughout your bathroom, making it warm and cozy for you to go about your business.
It is a low profile ceiling heater that features an enclosed, tubular, solid wire element as well as an aluminum housing that extends just about 2 ¾ inches from the ceiling. It has a 1250W from 120V, providing instant heat to the space with no waiting time.
The product also ensures safety for the user with multiple features. These include an automatic overheat protection, a permanently lubricated motor and an automatic shut off system to avoid any kind of hazards. The device also has a built-in thermostat to allow easy adjusting of heat by the user.
In addition, the user also has an option of an optional wall-mount controller. It is a fully safe, reliable machine with quality construction. It is compact as well as easy to install, making the user experience good.
- Ceiling heater that has a fan-forced machine to disperse warm air evenly throughout the machine.
- Has a sheathed, solid wire heating element that heats up quickly providing 1250W.
- Has a safe, aluminum housing that extends only 2 ¾ inches from the ceiling.
- It is also a safe device with its automatic overheat protection, long-lasting permanently lubricated motor and automatic turn-off system.
- Has a built-in thermostat as well as an optional wall-mount controller.
- High-quality, compact device.
- Poor engineering of the device as the motor is mounted directly over the screw holes, making it quite difficult to get the screws into their place.
- No mounting hardware is included with this heater, and the user has to buy them separately.
- Makes a noticeable amount of noise due to the vibration of the motor and aluminum body, causing much disruption.
- The fan is unable to disperse heat all the way to the floor from the ceiling and therefore, is not very strong in its purpose.
6 High Quality Bathroom Wall Heater
This is a fairly small yet quite powerful wall heater that is able to heat up a room of about 150 sq. ft. within seconds.
It is a fan-forced heating unit that works quickly and quietly in its function. It is also dual wattage at 1500W and 750W. At the same time, it is 100% energy efficient and an affordable choice for customers.
This durable yet compact design heater is also safe to use, particularly for children and pets. This is because of its rounded corners to avoid any injuries. It also has automatic safety where it automatically shuts off upon overheating, preventing any kind of accidents.
Moreover, its built-in thermostat allows the easy adjustment of heating temperature that may range from 45 to 75 degree Fahrenheit. The fan itself is ultra-quiet, making sure that it does not disturb the users while it works and makes the room warm and cozy.
- The heat has the ability to warm up a 150 sq. feet room in no time.
- Fan-forced heating unit that works rapidly to eliminate cold from a room.
- This heater is also dual-wattage at 1500W and 750W.
- It is an energy efficient wall heater that saves up energy.
- The heater ensures safety with its automatic shut system and rounded corners.
- Built-in thermostat allows perfect temperatures of 45 to 75 degree Fahrenheit.
- Ultra-quiet fan that causes no unnecessary noise.
- Although compact and portable, this heater is quite difficult to install. The user must have basic carpenter skills to install it.
7 Broan Exhaust Fan, Heater, and Light Combo, Bathroom Ceiling Heater
This heater by Broan is a multi-purpose product that is not only a heater but also a fan as well as a light. It makes sure that your bathroom is warm and cozy when you need it to be while also brightening up the space.
Despite being a fairly small piece, it is an extremely powerful unit that has a 1500W heating element along with a 70 CFM ventilation fan. This means you can have a nice warm shower while the heater works and then turn on the fan to prevent mildew from forming on the mirror.
You can also use the fan when it is simply just not too cold, and all you need is ventilation. Moreover, it is also extremely easy to use with 4 function switches located right on the heater to allow you to control it easily.
The fan/heater itself has a classic white body that blends in perfectly with any kind of bathroom décor. Meanwhile, the lamp on this heater is a bright 100 W incandescent lighting that looks clean and pleasant. It also includes a soft 7W nightlight that gives just enough glow for the night time visit when you just want to indulge in some me-time.
The product also includes automatic-reset thermal protection to ensure safety.
- A multipurpose heating unit that acts as a heater, fan, and light.
- Gives an output of 1500W from the heater and 70 CFM from the fan, being quite energy efficient.
- User-friendly and easy to use with the 4-switch function that makes it easily adjustable to desirable form.
- Also carries a lamp that gives a bright light of 100W. However, it also acts as a night bulb with a soft glow of only 7W.
- The automatic-reset thermal protection feature is great to ensure safety.
- Classic white grille and construction make it a pleasant addition to your bathroom interior.
- The fan/ heater unit is extremely loud and makes too much noise right after installation.
- The product is not as clean looking, i.e., one can see the wiring, blowers, silver housing, etc.
- A built-in thermostat is not present to adjust heat or fan intensity.
- Bulb for the lamp is not included with the product.
8 Delta Electronics RAD80L BreezRadiance 80 CFM Heater/Fan/Light Combo
This product by Delta Electronics, as well, is a multipurpose unit that works as a fan, heater, and a lamp. It is a ceiling mount unit that has a fairly quiet operation of only about 1.5 sones. It carries a 1300 W heating element and an air flow of 80 CFM.
A built-in thermostat also allows easy regulation of consistent temperatures. A thermal cut off is also present in case of emergencies to avoid overheating. Meanwhile, a metal guard prevents the user from coming into contact with the heating wire.
However, the most unique feature of this heater is that it is equipped with DC brushless motor technology. This makes the heater an energy-efficient product while also being reliable. So you can be sure that it will last longer than many other household appliances.
In addition, this heater has a detachable 4-inch plastic duct adapter along with a galvanized steel body. These features make sure that the product remains rust and corrosion resistant.
- Multipurpose product that is not only a heater but also a fan and a lamp.
- Also has a strong 1300W heating element and an 80 CFM fan.
- A built-in thermostat is also present for adjustable temperatures.
- To ensure safety, a thermal cut off along with a metal guard is also found to prevent accidents and injuries.
- The heater carries DC brushless motor technology that extends reliability and saves energy.
- A 4-inch detachable duct adapter is also included along with a bulb for the lamp.
- The construction of this heater is an entirely galvanized steel to avoid rusting.
- Ultra-quiet heating element.
- The installation of this device is extremely difficult, particularly from underneath.
- The cover screw provided is too short and does not fit into place properly.
- The direction of the heat is slightly at an angle rather than straight down. This could prove useless for many people who have a shelf at a specific angle.
9 King Electric W-1215 W Series Wall heater
This heater has to be one of the most reasonable options and one of the best bathroom heaters available. It has a power output of 1500 W from 120 V. This is great as it maximizes comfort and makes sure that even the draftiest of places are warm and nice.
Its heating element consists of a NiChrome open coil element that makes sure that there is rapid heat transfer into the room to withdraw the cold as soon as possible. Not only is it good for the bathroom, but it is also powerful enough to heat up small rooms with its C-frame motor.
King Electric’s reliable Patented Smart Limit Protection ensures that there are no nasty accidents. This technology automatically shuts off the power supply to the heater in case of overheating or any other abnormal event. The best part os that it can only be restored when reset manually.
In addition, the heater is extremely easy to install and can be set up, working in less than 30 minutes.
- Extremely economical for those on a budget.
- The heater has an output of 1500W to give off maximum heat to the room.
- NiChrome open coil heating element makes for rapid heat transfer.
- Carries C-Frame motor.
- The Patented Smart Limit Protection technology ensures safety by cutting off the power supply in case of abnormal activity in the heater.
- Easy to install within 30 minutes.
- This is an extremely loud heater, which means it would create a lot of noise and disruption.
- The heater comes in extremely poor packaging.
- The fan blades are bent due to the bad packaging and need to be bent back into place.
- It is also not as clean to look at as one can easily see the inner unit, wires, and other internal contents.
Best Bathroom Heater Buying Guide
Now that you know what the best bathroom heaters are, it is essential that you are also aware of the features that any good bathroom heater must possess. This section of the article focuses on helping you find a heater that fits your needs the best.
Continue reading to find all the factors that you must consider when purchasing a new or even replacing your old heater model with the latest one. Make a decision while being sure that you are getting great value for your money.
Getting a new heater is an addition to your electrical appliances. Thus, it’s of the greatest importance that you buy a heater that does not raise your electricity bill too high. For this reason, an energy-efficient heating unit is vital.
You need to buy a heater that has low wattage, which means it consumes less power and charges you less. Secondly, you should also look for a high-voltage heater as they can result in greatly reduced bills.
The biggest concerns of any kind of electrical appliance being in the bathroom is safety. Heaters may get wet, short-circuit, and then cause an electrical shock to the user. This shock may even be fatal.
To avoid this, it is good to invest in a wall or ceiling-mounted heater or even a portable one. Such a unit can be easily kept away from the particularly wet places in your bathroom, i.e., the bathtub and the sink.
Apart from this, heaters should also be equipped with automatic shut systems in case of overheating or any other kind of unusual activity in the power supply.
These features ensure the complete safety of the user and avoid the risk of any potential incidents.
This solely depends on how large your bathroom is and how warm and toasty you like your shower/bathroom time. The bathroom heaters are variable in size; the larger they are, the more powerful they usually are.
However, there are some options that are fairly small in size but can engulf the entire vicinity in warmth.
Therefore, it is up to you to find out how much of an area can a heater warm up in a specific amount of time, depending upon its size.
- Type (wall/ceiling)
There are two most common types of bathroom heaters available today; wall-mounted and ceiling-mounted.
These units are usually mounted a few inches off the floor. This means they are able to warm up the room in no time. They are also much easier to install. Moreover, they have very low chances of getting wet in the bathroom as you can choose to mount it as far away from water sources as possible.
As evident by the name, these types of heaters are mounted into the ceiling. They largely make use of the air in the room to heat it and set up a convection cycle. They stick just a little out from the ceiling, which means you can choose the heater to blend in with your bathroom interior. In short, not only do they look good but also have enhanced performance.
Portable heaters are the easiest to use amongst all types of heaters available. You can take them around and set them up in the exact position where you need them to be. At the same time, they also require zero installation.
Moreover, portable heaters are also the cheapest types of heaters. Therefore, these portable units are great for cost-conscious people well as for those who don’t really have electrical know-how. They can also help reduce wear and tear on your main heating system as you can simply carry it to the room you’re in.
- Innovative features
This refers to how technologically advanced and compatible your heater is. Users can have an easier life with newer and newer features equipped in such modern heaters. It is important that you find yourself a heating unit that is convenient and works according to your needs.
An example of such a feature could be an efficient thermostat. This feature will automatically regulate the heat when it gets too warm when you are unable to do it yourself. As a result, it helps save on energy costs and makes you free from constantly monitoring your heating device.
Spot heating is almost a life-saver when you are hastily getting ready for work or school every morning and simply require a bit of warmth and comfort in your bath or dressing room. This is where heaters come into play!
For us, it is clear that the ‘Stiebel Eltron 074058’ is the clear winner amongst the rest. Not only is it powerful in terms of its function, it is also quite easy-to-use and is energy-efficient. This is a quality heater that all users will definitely love as it ticks all the boxes of a good bathroom heater.
Use the information on the best bathroom heaters in this article to find a bathroom heater according to your own heating needs. You may either want a powerful heater or a more economical one; you can find a detailed review of the top heaters in this article.
Don’t wait any longer and get one yourself to have a relaxing, warm time in the bathroom!